I'd like to know what features you would like to see in OSX 10.9. If I have enough ideas, I'll try to contact Apple
Here are my ideas :
- Better iCloud with all Documents, Musics, Pictures & Movies uploaded to the internet, like dropbox...
- Better interface : even if I think the best interface is a Mountain Lion one I think that it can be even better. These are things apple should add:
- More buttons to the titlebar. At the moment, there are 4 buttons on it : Close, Minimize, Adjust to content, Fullscreen. The best thing for me would be to put the traffic lights like in iTunes for Snow Leopard [link]
(like real traffic lights
) and to put 3 more buttons right where the traffic lights were : a light blue one (with an arrow icon) to roll the window, a dark blue one (with a square icon) to show a menu with options to snap the window to edges (like the Deskovery one) and the fullscreen button (better to have it on the left, I think...)
- Some programs which haven't got a big toolbar (ex : [link]
will have a blank space behind my traffic lights ! But, most of these programs have a sidebar. So, I suggest to create a long button behind the traffic lights to show or hide the sidebar. Otherwise, a blank space would be OK
- Re-design the Menubar : more icons would be great... One with all th installed programs, one to sync all iDevices, one for the recycle bin (sometimes I'd like to delete it from the dock !!!!!), ... I'd like more ideas for this part.
- A better notification center. The actual one uses only 1/10 of the screen, but you can't just show it and work with another app ! Apple should add an option to dock it to right edge. (and other options to add buttons in it, like to open a program, or a website.
- Of course, a better dock !! A one where you can add spacers, and program groups. (and why not a dock with sub docks when more than 1 window is minimised for one program...)
- Scrollbars on Top & Left (with an option o put them back where they were...)
- A better Mission Control : the actual one is really bad. These are options Apple could, and should add :
- An option to show minimized windows would be useful.
- An option to show all windows from all desktops (like a + button in the top left corner)
- An all programs screen (Launchpad) that can be shown from a button.
- There should be a way to put desktops at the top AND at the bottom of mission control (2 lines...)
- An idea would be to program apps to place them between 2 desktops automatically when in fullscreen mode.
- A spotlight search in the main MC screen, or which can be shown by clicking an icon in the top left corner. (and same thing for dashboard)
- A better Finder with all these features : (the actual one dates from OSX 10.0...)
- A breadcrumb address bar (or something like that...) instead of just the name of the folder.
- A movable sidebar (shown as a bookmark bar when on top & bottom)
- 2 icon views : one like it os now, and one with extra large icons with information on them (size, type of hard drive in My Computer, ...)
- A better Safari :
- Tabs in the titlebar, all browsers have this now, and with Safari 6 there is the name of the actual tab 2 times (titlebar & tab bar...)
- A + button to create a tab on the LEFT of the tab bar (same thing for the "all tabs" button)
- iCloud tabs shown as normal tabs at the right of the safari window, as small tabs (2cm long each)
- A share button sticked to the address bar.
- an arrow next to the <> buttons to show recent pages
- A better iTunes with a customizable toolbar.
- A better iMessage with a contact list at the right...
- Reminders included into Notification Center
- Combine notes & TextEdit
- OS Name : OSX Nyan Cat [link]
If you have other ideas, if you want to tell me what you think about my ideas, if you have anything to say bout this, just post a comment here and I'll add it to the journal.